Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Make Your Camera Do Less

PhotoAficionado has an article about lo-fi photography, that on and off borders on what we do here. The article has some good tips for those of you who are stuck with shiny modern cameras, but still want to take pictures with lots of unforseen effects. It talks into filters, bending the cameras settings, and postproduction.

I am not really sure if it is a good thing to "dumb down" your camera. I belive that you should always try to get as good a picture as you possibly can from your camera. And from that, you have to decide what kind of picture you can produce with the camera. I think you can take marvellous pictures holding a DUC from 1999 with 1.5 megapixels, but I would not bring it as my main camera on a portrait job. And I would not spend fifty minutes in photoshop to make my DSLR-shots look like they were taken with a Holga. Use the right tool for each job.

Link: Digital Lo-Fi at PhotoAficionado



Disclaimer: It is always more important that you stay creative than it is that you follow anybody elses rules. Including mine. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment