Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What the DUC?

As I am putting together the first articles for the blog, I notice the need for a new word. Very often i need to refer to the kind of cameras we talk about here. But what to call them? Elderly digital cameras and/or digital cameras with inferior lenses and/or digital cameras with low pixel resolution doesn't really roll off the tounge.

Not all the cameras we talk about has a low resolution, not all have inferior lenses, nor are they from a specific time-period. So to go at the problem from the other way, what *are* they?

Well, Digital, Underestimated (from our point of view) and Cameras. DUC. It's an acronym as well as a TLA. I like that.

And as soon as I got that sorted out, I knew this post has to link to the comic strip What the Duck. It's about a duck. And cameras. You'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment